Monday, April 7, 2008

Cod4 Variety Maps

Ok, It's been some days now, so I can Speak with some degree of understanding about how the maps are played, and their quality.
First is Creek, My favorite of the bunch.
This map is HUGE, spanning a river bed and a small housing area on either side.
Creek is a Sniper's paradise, boasting more Grass and cover than even Overgrown and Bog.
I find that this map always creates an unbalanced game, not one favoring somebody, but that the games are never close, one team is ALWAYS walking all over the other, mainly because a good sniper can stop any sort of entrance to the desired area by himself.
The caves make a good avenue across the map, but both exits are easily Mined and more easily Covered.
Second, Broadcast
Okay, first off this map is unique in it's layout, mainly because it has a second floor that is more than a single room, up to now, Cod4 has had problems with the way it seemed to always be playing in a field with towers, This level is multistory.
As for Sniping, the level lends itself well to any player, a gifted runner with a shotgun could easily circumvent Snipers and get behind people, but at the same time a gifted sniper could easily get to a well-defended position and rule the map.
Chinatown,
I'm not overwhelmed with joy about this map, but it has it's fun.
This map is all about medium-Short range, sniper areas are practically non-existent, I see far too many M16's for my liking too.
Anyway, This map is fun for the Shotgun Loonies that we all know, and a skilled player can hide in a building and run three streets for his team.
The Turrets are a puzzle to me, they are easily destroyed but at the same time they cover such central parts of the map that I find them irritating at all points and I wish they hadn't been included.
Last and Least is Killhouse
Utter Disappointment abounds here, the map is smaller than Shipment and has less cover, it features a tower in the center and some buildings on the sides, most enraging is getting a kill streak and watching your air strike land on the roof or your helicopter hover in stupidity above the fray.
I hope that IW makes more of these packs and that they perhaps find a way to integrate new abilities to replace air support on closed maps.
GET THESE, KILLHOUSE NOTWITHSTANDING THEY ARE BETTER THAN THE OLD MAPS.

0 Comments:

My Favorite Whizkids

  • Mom-The Sleepy Reader
  • My little Sis- Myspace Guru
  • Dale Reynolds-Remakes of popular songs
  • GaMeR- Owner and Creator of PWNEM.com
  • Me(lol)- I do Internet Graphics in my spare time.