Thursday, February 14, 2008

Full Auto

Ok, so it came out 3 years ago, I get 'em when I get 'em.
Anyway, I think the idea of armed cars is not new,(Twisted Metal, anyone?)
But the idea of an actual Race with these vehicles is something not really used before, and Certainly not on a Next-Gen system.
Unfortunately, the game is not as good as the idea suggests, the cars are fun but most of them are really the same, stat-wise, and armament-wise.
The cars have about three-four options for weapons, and the secondaries are packaged with them, not cool, and there is no upgrading, Unless you can call unlocking the same stuff for three different cars upgrading. The cars also feel a little Floaty, and in a brawling race, I don't need floaty.
Now that is not to say it isn't fun to blast the backside off of your opponent's car when he passes you, or that the racing is crappy, but it is nowhere near as tightly controllable as the cars in, say Burnout. The ability to aim your guns is nice, especially if you have an opponent ahead of you, but you don't want to turn into traffic to get him.The cars, While not real, are still interesting to look at and some have WICKED paintjobs.
The game is fun and worth the $20 it costs anymore, just not worth the $60 it used to cost.

0 Comments:

My Favorite Whizkids

  • Mom-The Sleepy Reader
  • My little Sis- Myspace Guru
  • Dale Reynolds-Remakes of popular songs
  • GaMeR- Owner and Creator of PWNEM.com
  • Me(lol)- I do Internet Graphics in my spare time.